Tuesday, December 02, 2003

I'm somewhat embarrased to admit that I hardly read any non-fiction this past year. I wish I had the opportunity to read more scholarly (or even popular) works, but there just aren't enough hours in the day!

Here's what I read:

Thomas Keneally: Lincoln -- An excellent, brief (but fairly comprehensive, given the length) bio of America's best president. If you don't have the energy to read David Herbert Donald's superb Lincoln, this is a good choice.

Christopher Buckley: Washington Schlepped Here -- humorous travel guide to D.C. Very funny and informative, too.

Bill Zehme: Intimate Strangers -- A collection of articles about and interviews with celebrities and personalities of various sorts. Some great pieces in here on Sinatra, Letterman, Beatty and others.

As far as I know, that's it. Pathetic, I'll admit.