Thursday, April 01, 2004

NPR has a nice, if short piece on Denise Hamilton, one of my favorite writers. (For the real thing, you've gotta listen to the audio file of their interview.) Denise's new book, Last Lullaby, is out now and it's terrific, with more action than her first two novels.

Got my copy of Mike Connelly's new Harry Bosch novel (The Narrows -- preorder it and get a free DVD, directed by my buddy Lee Lankford, with your purchase) today. I guess I know what I'm reading next! I had actually thought to reread The Poet first, though, since this is a sequel to it. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

Time Warner is doing something interesting with The Narrows -- rather than printing and sending out a ton of ARCs, like publishers usually do, they decided to forego distributing advanced galleys, thus saving that considerable cost. Their reasoning was that any outlet that was going to review Connelly would just wait until the hardcover is available in order to do so. It's hard to argue with that reasoning, although I did miss getting an ARC.